My etsy

My Spies

Tuesday 25 March 2008

Google Checkout!

Today, in my lovely little shop on etsy, you can now pay using google checkout! I *might* be phasing out the use of PayPal, but I will see how things go with google first. It was easy to set up, but it can not be integrated in etsy as easily as PayPal.
Now, if my buyers want to pay using google checkout, they just go thru checkout as usual, but select 'Other' as their payment method and supply my with an email address in the 'message to seller' box half way thru checkout. Then, I will send them an invoice via email. They simply follow a link, set up or sign into their google account (setting up is easy peasy) and click on the 'pay now' button. Easy!
Try it yourself;
https://checkout.google.com/
You can also easily integrate it into your own website, and they have some fancy little buttons for you to use too!






Fantastic. (don't click on the button unless you want to give me money ;D )

3 comment(s):

angharad handmade said...

I had no idea you could set up other payment methods like that on etsy. I'm learning loads from your little tutes, though I still haven't plucked up the courage to use your 3 columns tutorial!

KMCdesigns said...

Thanks for the comment Helen, if you get stuck with the 3 column code just give me a shout and I will help! :D

Anonymous said...

I have never heard of using google check out. Perhaps it's the new up and coming thing. Good luck with it! It's always good to offer a variety of checkout options. :)