My etsy

My Spies

Tuesday 26 February 2008

First we tackle screen shots

‘I’m on the front page!! I’m in a treasury!! How do I take a picture?’

Ok! Well done! Here is what you need to do;

On a PC or a MAC;
(All links open in new page)
Ok, quick fix = thumbalizr

(Thank you Loosewirestudio for showing me that one!)

If you are using FireFox, you can install an awesome plug-in called ScreenGrab. It actually ‘grabs’ the whole screen, not just the visible part.

You can download FireFox here; firefox

And ScreenGrab here; ScreenGrab

Your image will look like this example


On a PC;

Press the ‘Print Screen’ (Prnt Scrn) button on your keyboard, then open a paint program and right click and select paste. You may need to do this twice to get the whole screen in.

On a MAC;

On a Mac, hold down Shift + Apple + 4

Now, go and practice doing some screen shots!

5 comment(s):

erin, maker of chimes said...

Man, I was hoping to do just this but the ScreenGrab link isn't valid :(

KMCdesigns said...

Thanks for letting me know erin! The link is now fixed :D

Licia said...

Fantastic! I searched the Etsy Forums and found your information, thanks much.

KMCdesigns said...

thanks licia!!

CheyLoCreations said...

Thanks for the screen grab tip!