My etsy

My Spies

Saturday 15 November 2008

size 0

It's true, I've lost weight. A lot of weight. I was never trying to loose weight, I was trying to gain it! I used to be a size 10, now, I'm a size 4, which is the infamous 'size 0'. I want to be a size 10 again!!

The last few days, I have been researching weight gain, weight loss, reasons for it, measurements, BMI, RMR, BMR, calorie intake, food types, food groups,- the list goes on. I have also had some blood tests done, and I get the results next week.

Anyway, from what I have discovered, I am basically not getting the amount of calories I need. So, I have put myself on a diet. Now, I'm already on a diet, and have been for over half my life, some would say I'm a bit of a fussy eater :) I don't eat meat, fish or eggs (unless you can't taste the eggs e.g Quarn). I also can't have most food additives and colourings, anything orange, including carrots & too many oranges!

My new diet should help me gain weight, and get me back up to a size 10!

First on the agenda is a trip to the shops :)
Shopping list; Muesli with lots of fruit, nuts & seeds (yuk!), complete nutrition milkshakes, fruit & full fat blue milk :D
I also bought all the ingredients for this fantastic cake recipe I found on the interweb. I can't cook, and I don't 'do' cakes due to their egg content, but this one is 'eggless' and it looked nice & easy, so I made it!
Here is a quick pic of mine before I eated it :D (it does look nicer than it does in the pic, I *needed* to eat it so I couldn't spend too long a photo could I?)Here is the recipe, in case you want to try :)
Oh and a 'cup' is apx. equal too erm...a small mug

  • 4 cups apples; peeled and grated (that's about 5 apples, I used Granny Smith)
  • 1/2 cup oil (seemed like a lot to me)
  • 2 cups sugar (I only used 1 1/2)
  • 1 teaspoon vanilla
  • 2 cups unsifted flour
  • 1 teaspoon salt
  • 1 1/2 teaspoons baking soda (I used baking powder, I don't know if it makes any difference!)
  • 2 teaspoons cinnamon (or half a jar if the lid falls off...)
  • 1 cup walnuts; chopped (don't even like nuts, but these were uber tasty)
Right, now that you've got all of those, here is what you do;
  1. Mix together apples, oil, sugar and vanilla.
  2. Sift dry ingredients together and add to apples.
  3. Fold in nuts.
  4. Stick it all in a greased tin or pan thingy (I used my pasta bake dish, like I said, I don't cook!) and stick it in the oven on 160C for about 50 minutes
  5. Remove from oven, allow to cool, then serve with ice cream (or any cream!) or custard!
I did not come up with this recipe on my own (I don't cook remember?) I got it from here;
http://www.grouprecipes.com/

If anyone has or knows of any healthy recipes, please leave me a comment and I'll take a look :)

7 comment(s):

Anonymous said...

Hi KMC - I had a similar problem way back when I was younger. I have two words for you "ice cream" - add ice cream to the cake and everything else - the good, full fat, gelato kind of ice cream with fruit. And btw that cake looks yummy!

KMCdesigns said...

Thanks for the tip moon :)

Marmalady said...

baking soda is bicarbonate of soda

this is a component of baking powder, which also contains other things (from memory cream of tartar but not absolutely sure on this)

another tip given to my daughter by a nutritionist when she had a simlar problem was a bowl of weetabix for your supper at bedtime -- with yoghurt if you prefer it to milk

KMCdesigns said...

Thanks for the info on the baking soda, I really wasn't sure!
As for the weetabix, I'm already having it in the morning, so I'll try to have another bowl at night too :) and I'll try it with some yoghurt too!

Chauncey said...

hey KMC, Sorry, I fall the other way, losing weight is my life game. But Moon is right, ice cream should help. Good Luck!

Unknown said...

first of all that cake looks so yummy, i'm gonna have to try it! second i'm surprised you have lost so much weight! i was like that at one point too but now i am on medication for my mood and that makes me eat so much so now i can't fit into size 8 any more only size 10 but i drastically had to put on some weight and now my skin is really healthy looking and i hardly get any spots and i feel like im getting the right vitamins! i'm glad you have been putting on weight again though screw size zero eh!! :D

KMCdesigns said...

Thanks hun :) I'm going to see the dietician on Wednesday, so hopefully that will help! I've still not gained any weight yet, but I've stopped letting it bother me so much because I think that was part of the problem! x